Packages presumed to be lost
Estimated Delivery Date
- After 48 hours has passed from an estimated delivery date given from the carrier, and no delivery or update has been made, we will consider the order to be "lost" and assist with next steps.
Invalid address or delivery barriers
- Sometimes carriers cannot deliver the customer’s package due to an invalid address or other unexpected delivery barriers. At this point, the carrier might return the package to the sender/retailer. The customer’s package is not actually lost, thus we do not cover this. In instances where the item is being returned to the sender and is reusable, customers will be issued a refund minus any shipping fees.
- The exception is retailers that ship perishable items (e.g. food, a mattress that cannot be reused).
Only part of the order delivered
- If the customer ordered several items in one package but only part of the order arrived and there is no evidence of tampering, we do not cover the order issue. The customer will be referred to the retailer.
- If a single order is being shipped in multiple packages and one package does not arrive, we will cover the order issue and reorder or refund the value of the undelivered package.
- If the retailer forgets to ship an item from the customer’s order, the customer needs to reach out to the retailer to have the missing items fulfilled.
Packages labeled "return to sender"
We do not cover packages labeled return to sender because the order has been sent back to the retailer. Items are returned to sender when a customer provides an invalid or undeliverable address or refuses a delivery.
At our discretion, we may cover the order issue if the returned item is perishable or if the retailer is unable to reuse it.*
- We cover the customer’s order if the package gets lost in-transit back to the sender.*
*Please note: Shipping insurance timeframes for filing apply.
Order stuck in customs
We cannot cover when a customer’s order is stuck in international borders/customs.
The customer’s next step is to pay the customs fees in order to receive the package.
- If we replace something the customer has already paid customs on, under our discretion, we can approve and pay customs the second time.
Order issue filed too soon
- If the customer is filing an order issue the same day that the package was marked as delivered, at our discretion we may ask you to wait 5 days. Carriers (FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL, etc.) sometimes prematurely mark the package as delivered when it’s still in transit.
Stolen Items Policies
Delivered but Missing Package
- Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received are considered stolen, and must be filed 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not mis-delivered or easily found around the premises.
Filing a police report
- At our discretion, we may require a police report when the customer’s package is marked as delivered.
- If requested, the customer will file the police report and include an explanation that we have protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the order issue with the retailer, the retailer is requiring a police report.
- Send us the police report PDF & number in the order issue.
- Upon request, we may require additional documentation such as proof of identity, a notarized statement, address, etc.
Note: Depending upon the jurisdiction, a false police report may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony
Delivered to wrong address
- If the customer input the correct address at checkout and the package was delivered to the wrong address, we consider this as stolen and we will replace the order.
Damaged Items Policies
Damaged Item Arrived
- Order Issues for damaged orders must be filed within 15 days of the delivery date.
If the customer received a broken item and needs to dispose of it (i.e. shattered glass), the customer needs to check their city ordinances and dispose of it properly.
- The customer does not need to ship it back to the retailer (unless the retailer indicates otherwise).
A damaged item is considered to be a broken product that is unusable, clearly fractured, shattered, bent (if not bendable), crushed, etc.
We do not cover cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, etc.), manufacturing damages, packaging errors, damage to retail packaging or unsealed items.
- We require further evidence of the customer’s damaged item (i.e. more photos, videos, etc.).
- We cannot replace customized items for the customer because of the availability. We can offer a refund instead.
Out of stock
- We can offer the customer a refund for the item that is out of stock. The customer can always use that refund to order the item when it’s back in stock.
Input wrong address
- If the customer entered the wrong address at the time of order, we do not cover this.
- If the customer is unsatisfied with their product, this request may be covered under the return policy.
We can action an order issue that is filed within the bounds of our domestic/international timeline policy. If an order issue is filed outside of this timeline, we will deny the order issue according to these policies:
- Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received and where there is no evidence of “porch piracy” must be made 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not mis-delivered or easily found around the premises."
- Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the scheduled delivery date for United States domestic shipments (20 days for international shipments, including Canada unless a Canadian merchant is shipping within Canada in which case the 7 day domestic shipment timeline applies) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
Expedited shipping hasn't arrived
- If the customer’s package is delayed for whatever reason, we will not cover it.
Carriers update their website with expected delays due to inclement weather or other barriers to expected delivery.
- If the customer paid for expedited shipping but the package arrives outside of the expected window, we will not cover it.
Payment installment companies
For payment installments (Sezzle, Afterpay, etc.), it is the customer’s responsibility to pay the payment installment company directly.
- Once we refund the customer for their order, the customer must pay their installments to the payment installment company directly.
Non-sanctioned shipping address
- We are based in the United States of America. Due to shipping policies in the US, we will not cover issues shipped to countries that are sanctioned by the US. List available here
Closed order issues
- If a customer does not respond within 5 days, we will automatically close the order issues. Customers can open the order issues back up by responding to the original thread.
Didn't want Shipping Insurance
If the customer’s package has not shipped, we can refund the shipping insurance premium.
- If the item has shipped, shipping insurance is already protecting the package and we cannot refund the customer.